Saturday, May 16, 2015

Polka Dot Promises with Vogue 9112- Again!

You remember just how I loved Vogue 9112 with my lemon yellow linen, right? To be honest as promised, I made a for myself in a black and white polka dots iPhone 6 case cotton.

TPU Polka Dot iPhone 6 Case Blue

This version is just as joy as the first. I like the unconventional feel the polka dot iPhone 6 cases adds.

In contrast to, the yellow version, I feel similar to the reduction details of the seaming are lost or damaged in the small scale print I chose. Knew this was a risk when I seemed to be making it, but I do not mentality. The fabric is a mid-weight cotton using slight texture that holds its' shape well. Knowing the volume on top of that angles would be maintained, I proceeded with this print. If you plan to make this method in a print, I suggest you choose a strong fabric with a large scale print the case all of the fun of this pattern is not at all lost.

In construction, I presented a couple of changes from the previous edition and the pattern. I still overlooked the neckline facing and chose instead to edge finish thanks to my serger. I choose to self-line the collar so the underside belonging to the fabric was not visible. For this, My spouse and i cut two collars, stitched items right sides together along the the very top and sides. I then flipped of which, pressed it, and then transferred the white markings. From there, I sewed it within the body of the dress as instructed.

I favor that by lining it some cash ., I can stand the collar forward or flip it down.

Choice, to omit the arm facings and use bias tape but not. I did this just to test it because

I had it on hand. It was additional than the facing and had the same cause.

So , what do you think? Are the dramatic elements lost in the print? Can this be a dress better suited for larger marks or solids?

I love them both on top of that plan to make more. It is a joy everyday show stopper perfect for usually the Texas heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment